Pages

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Feeling inspired .. or hungry!

After a delicious email exchange with my crossfittin' friend Julia R. I feel inspired to post my FAVORITE guacamole recipe.  Its easy, and super delicious.  The mango may sound out-of-place but its a delicious compliment to the avocado and spicy peppers.


I spread guac on everything - its a great sub for dressings and mayo, delicious on burgers and chicken and fish, and obvi delicious by itself!  ENJOY


4 avocado
1 mango
fresh garlic to taste (I process between 4-5 garlic numbs but I LOVE fresh garlic)
one small/medium onion (do not process, it will create too much liquid; just dice)
one Jalapeño or Serrano pepper (cut very small or processed)
fresh cilantro
two limes for juice

Mash avocado but leave chunky. Add diced onion, garlic and pepper and mix - but do not over mix.  Cut up mango and add to avocado mixture.  Squeeze two limes into avocado and mix.  Add gratuitous amounts of cilantro to guacamole.  EAT.