Pages

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Need more sleep!

So last night I settled down on the couch around 11pm, in an attempt to stay up and watch an episode of The Wire with the BF... well, really just to spend more time with the BF.  Didn't last too long - I was asleep within 5 minutes of the episode!  And while I love sleeping on the couch (I do! I do!) being woken up 45 minutes later, having to go through the bedtime routine, and then fall back asleep is not a pleasant experience - for me or the BF.  That being said, I don't feel like I got enough sleep, was cranky when I woke up this morning ... and well, ok maybe some of this is my Paleo transition sooo.... yeah.

I was proud of myself this morning - I ate non-breakfast food for breakfast!  It felt like brunch food actually - leftover grilled salmon on a bed of arugula with balsamic, olive oil, and salt and pepper seasoning.  Tasty and filling.  I opted for this this morning after I realized I had no eggs (and had already cracked open two bananas for pancakes!).  Pancake review coming down tomorrow morning I promise!

WOD
5 Rounds:
Run 400 meters

RESULTS
17:48 (I think. It might have been 17:58)

ANALYSIS
So, I was dreading this WOD all day.  While I love me some LONG distance running, 400 meter runs, after 30 air squats, doesn't get me going.  But crossfit, after all, is about punishing your weakness - so the running WODs, those are the ones I absolutely have to do.  I wanted to finish around 15 minutes, so two+ minutes off isn't too bad.  My goal, post-Paleo Challenge, is to complete this WOD in sub 15.  Andrew thinks I can do it - he always believes in me a little bit more than I do with these workouts!  And that's very encouraging :)

Something to note, I commented to Kristin that my lower back was sore from the deadlifts yesterday BUT not as sore as the last time I deadlifted 200+.  I think the fish oil might be working - or my mind is playing nice tricks on me :)  Either way, I like it. Looking forward to my last workout before a rest day (yeah Friday = rest day AND Paleo potluck!) - pull-ups and push-ups I think.  I love those WODs but for maximum performance need a relaxed lower back.  I will attempt to achieve this by going to bed in the next 15 minutes!  Sweet dreams...