Pages

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Another day, another deadlift.

I had fun with this WOD. I really enjoy the days when we work on lifting technique, then do a short WOD.  I am so a lifting gal vs. a met-con gal (sorry Liz!).  I will only be working out three times this week due to work travel Friday-Sunday.  Makes me feel a bit lazy ... but after four days on last week, I think my body appreciates a lighter week.  Maybe this calls for a run in San Fran?!  Its been a while since I have gotten out and enjoyed a jog ..    

WOD
Power Clean 3-3-3-3
then...
5 rounds 
5 Deadlift @ 75% max weight

RESULTS
Clean 55, 65, 85, 95(f@3)
5:28 @ 145

ANALYSIS
I walked in thinking that there was no way I could do 75% of 235lbs for 25 reps (which would be 175).  My lower back was still sore from Crossfit Total on Friday and gardening all weekend.  Now that I have completed the WOD I think I could have done it but it would have been closer to 10mins.  The burpees went fassssst!  Which is often not the case for me.  The deadlift by the 3 round was 1-2 reps at a time.  I enjoyed this WOD.
Cleans. Ahhhh, sweet cleans. So I get very frustrated with this lift, very quickly.  At first, Andrew said I wasn't getting under the weight, making the lift harder than it needed to be. Obviously I didn't believe him.  But... then I saw how high I was actually getting the weight and realized, no really, I am not getting under the weight.  It's just not a natural move for me. And then, once I started focusing on getting under the weight and my body started getting tired (after several lifts), I just stopped "popping" the weight up which basically made the lift impossible.  According to Andrew, if I could figure out the middle explosion I would be able to put some heavy weight up.  For all intensive purposes I am muscling the bar up (and muscling up 95lbs is no joke!!).  So, next time we do this lift, I will concentrate on being more "explosive" and getting under - shouldn't be so hard right? LOL

On a side note, I created some delicious pumpkin paleo recipes yesterday. I will post them later today. I also ordered a fancy new jump rope. I found a great deal and can't wait to try double unders with it!