Pages

Monday, January 17, 2011

Arms. Are. Dead.

WOD
Front Squat  3-3-3-3-3
then..
15 strict pull-ups
50 Pushups
12 strict pull-ups
40 Pushups
9 strict pull-ups
30 Pushups
6 strict pull-ups
20 Pushups
3 strict pull-ups
10 Pushups
RESULTS
front squat: 145 fail @2
18:57 I used blue band for the first set of 15 pull-ups and then for 9 of 12 in the next set. Each pull-up after had to use a green band. I also used a blue band "jet pack" for pull-ups.

ANALYSIS
I struggled really hard with the high volume of strict pull-ups. I was fine for the first set but after the 50 push-ups, my arms were done. I do think however that the green band was too easy, which I realized as soon as I switched.  I rocked through, with no rest, the last two sets... maybe bc they were low volume, maybe the size of the band.. not sure.  Strict pull-ups are so tough - next time I will remember to change my grip.  Perhaps one hand gripping under, the other over would help.  As far as the push-ups, those I completed at a nice pace.  Rocked the first set of 50 out in two sets of 25, etc.  This was an arm wrecker. Exhaustion set in fast.  Building capacity...

1 comment:

  1. That's a lot of pulling and pushing. Ouch!

    ReplyDelete