Pages

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Rope Climbs! YEA!!

Today is my rest day as I prep for Fran tmrw morning. We have a January challenge and I am hoping to really improve on my time. Last time I did Fran was in the summer with a green band and I completed it in 9:06.  Tmrw will set the benchmark time for me to improve on across the next four weeks and I will be using the red band.  Christy and Andrew are doing it with me so I will be chasing BIG time - at least for the first 3 mins ;)


WOD
Floor Press 12x2 @65% of Monday


4 minutes for reps of Rope Climb
3 minutes for reps of Burpees
2 minutes for reps of KB Swings (16)
1 minute for reps of Double Unders
*no rest between minutes


RESULTS
Floor Press @65# (Mon max was 105#)


Rope - 3
Burpees - 35
KB Swings - 30
DUs - 19
TOTAL - 87


ANALYSIS
This was the first time I have rope climbed since working out in Kalorama with Christy.  I got the "how to" down really fast, kinda like riding a bike I guess, but couldn't keep my foot grip tight enough to make it to the top of the rope each time. SO, I made it all the way to the top once and then 3/4 way to the top 4 times.  I am not discouraged, next time I just need to wear shorts and knee high socks instead of slippy stretch pants.  Next time I will get to the top 4x.  Burpees as always suck the life out of me and I wish I had pushed myself harder on the KBs - I am usually really good at those!  I am VERY proud of my double unders. By the end of the WOD I was sucking wind big time so I just did sets of 5 and was able to string them together no problem.  Theme of the week - cardio is my weakness right now.  I am going to start doing some speed training on my rest days (Sunday and 1/ mid-week) to see if that helps.





1 comment: